Monday, October 17, 2011

OPI Pirates Part 1

   OPI released a 6 piece creme collection in conjunction with the 4th Pirates of the Caribbean movie back in the Spring.  I'm splitting the collection in to two parts- the greens and greys and the pinks and purples.  All of the colors in this collection are a bit greyed and muted, sort of like you'd expect colors to look in a swamp.
   The greens in this collection are Mermaid's Tears and Stranger Tides and the grey is Skull and Glossbones.  I used OPI Natural Nail base coat and Diamond Dry top coat.  All swatches are with 2 coats, though S&G possibly could have used 3.  Application was good and the formulas smooth.


Mermaid's Tears

   Mermaid's Tears is a pastel-y almost mint green.  

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor



Stranger Tides

   Stranger Tides reminds me of spanish moss.  It is a very grey green.  The sun was playing peek-a-boo with me when I swatched this one, so keep that in mind while you look at the pictures.

Sun

Shade

Indoor



Skull & Glossbones

   Skull & Glossbones is well named to me.  It reminds me of buried bones that have been uncovered.  A bit morbid maybe, but it is that time of year.  This would be a good Halloween color, either as a base or as detail in some nail art.  

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor



Disclaimer:  The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn