Tuesday, March 27, 2012

China Glaze Gothic Lolita

   I'm gonna be a little China Glaze heavy for a bit with posts because I have a bunch to show you guys and I've gotten behind as usual.  Today is Gothic Lolita from the ElectroPop collection for Spring 2012.



   Gothic Lolita is a red-based medium purple with a subtle blue and pink shimmer.  The shimmer doesn't show up very much even in direct light, but it does give the polish a nice depth and a little extra oomph than a straight creme has.  Formula and application were both good.  2 coats achieved full opacity.  I used Beauty Secrets Ridge Filler base coat and no top coat.  

Direct Sun

If you enlarge the photo and look closely at my index finger you can just see the shimmer.  My camera did not want to pick it up at all, but the purple is actually pretty color accurate.

Shade

Indoor


   Gothic Lolita is a lovely purple for spring and summer.  It's bright and cheery, but not too bright like a neon.  I really like the color, but do wish the shimmer was more visible.

Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were sent to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn