Thursday, April 26, 2012

China Glaze Electrify

   It's always interesting to see what the next big thing is.  In fashion, technology, even books.  First it was Harry Potter, which I LOVE, then Twilight, which I ABHOR- and yes I have read all 4 books.  Now it's the Hunger Games, which I enjoyed quite a bit.   To go with the movie, China Glaze created a polish collection tie-in. 
   Electrify is the first polish I'm showing you.  It's a mix of red and gold glitter in a clear base.  


   The glitter is a mix of small round gold pieces and small red hex pieces.  Most likely, this polish was meant to depict the "Girl on Fire" image created for Katniss, the main heroine if you haven't read the books yet.  The formula was not overly goopy like a lot of glitters so application wasn't too hard.  The density of glitter is pretty medium so you could probably layer the polish to opacity by itself, or just use it as a layering polish on top of other colors.    I used 2 coats in the pictures below on top of Beauty Secrets Ridge Filler base coat, and no top coat.

 Sun

Shade

Indoor


   Sorry for the blur.  I think with 4 coats you would have mostly full coverage.  But I think it would also look great over silver or dark green.  


Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were sent to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn