Friday, December 17, 2010

China Glaze Peace on Earth

   Can someone please tell me how Christmas is only a week away? Seriously, when did that happen.  I have been so busy with work I've barely thought about the holidays.  Hope my friends don't mind their gifts in January.
   The China Glaze Tis the Season... Holiday collection is full of fun little surprises, at least for me.  The first of these is Peace on Earth.  Peace on Earth is an olive green foil.  Yes olive green.  And I LOVE it.  This is such an unusual color, especially in a holiday collection.  This was my Thanksgiving mani and I think it was the perfect color for the occasion. 


   Formula was excellent on this.  Application was smooth, but with a catch.  Because this is a foil finish brush strokes are a big issue.  So be patient while applying if you want straight even brush strokes.  I believe I used 2 coats of polish and 1 coat of SV top coat.  I don't remember what base coat I used, but I know I did use one.

Direct Sun

Indirect Sun

Shade

Indoor

   If you look closely at the indoor shot, you can see what I mean about the brush strokes.  But for me, the color payoff is well worth the small extra care needed.  If you haven't grabbed this color yet, I highly recommend getting it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn