Wednesday, August 15, 2012

China Glaze Ride the Waves

   Ride the Waves is the other blue from the China Glaze Summer Neons collection for Summer 2012. 


   This is a deep/royal blue jelly polish.  The formula is pretty thin and tends to run.  You'll need to use thin coats.  Dry time was slow and the finish is a bit dull once it is dry.  Not quite matte, but not really shiny.  I used Finger Paints base coat, 2 coats of Ride the Waves, and Sally Hansen Insta Dri top coat on my middle and index fingers.  I also used 2 coats of Sally Hansen Insta Dri Whirlwind White on my ring and index fingers.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


   As you can see, Ride the Waves is definitely brighter over white, but again is not a neon polish.  I think I prefer it on its own however.  I like the nice squishy feel of jellies.  I think the best use of this polish would be for a jelly sandwich.


Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were sent to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn