Thursday, August 16, 2012

Urban Outfitters Sea Dust

   Until recently I didn't live near an Urban Outfitters.  I kept hearing about fun stuff they had and brands that could occasionally be found there that weren't normally easy to find.  So of course now that there is one where I live I had to stop in.  Their house brand polishes were $5 each or 2 for $8.  So obviously I grabbed 2.  The polishes come in nice heavy square bottles.  I like how sturdy they feel and that they stack next to each other well.
   Sea Dust is a Sea Green metallic foil with small aqua hex glitter.


   The formula on Sea Dust was good, nice consistency, which lead to good application.   The color builds well and doesn't need a base color.  In the sun this is a VERY shiny and sparkly polish.  It was difficult to capture with my camera in direct sun, but I think you should be able to get the idea.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



   The indoor natural light shot gives you a good sense of the base color.  The color might look a little familiar to some of you.  That's because Sea Dust is EXTREMELY close to Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream polish.  They aren't exactly the same, the base colors are slightly different, but Sea Dust is close enough that I don't feel the need for Mermaid's Dream as well.  Especially with the $13 price difference.
   I was impressed with this polish.  If the rest of the Urban Outfitters polishes are this nice I will definitely be buying more.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn