Wednesday, January 2, 2013

How I Spent My New Years

   Hello lovelies.  Happy New Year to you all.  Did anyone do anything exciting?  Mine didn't exactly go as planned.  Not that I had major plans, but I was hoping to maybe go get a drink or two with friends at least.  That's not what happened at all.
   What did happen is this:  I was at work early the morning after Christmas, think 6am early, when I suddenly started getting extremely sick- vomiting, light-headed, intense abdominal pain.  I wound up going home about halfway through what my shift was supposed to be.  I started feeling better that evening and woke up feeling fine the next morning so I went in to work as planned.  But as the day went on I started feeling really bad again and went home about an hour early again.  I started feeling better again a few hours later.  This continued for the next couple days- wake up ok, feel like crap and maybe throw up for an hour or so, then feel better.  Sunday however I slowly started feeling bad about mid-morning and continually got worse.  By 3 I could barely move I was in so much pain and had been vomiting for 2 hours.  So I decided it was time to go to the doctor.  My husband took me to the urgent care center.  They saw me immediately and wound up sending me to the ER in an ambulance.  There the lovely doctors gave me some magic drugs that made the pain tolerable while they examined me.  Fairly quickly the doctors determined that my gallbladder was enlarge, inflamed, infected, full of stones, and generally in desperate need of removal.  Or something like that I was not fully able to comprehend what was going on. So they admitted me to the hospital and pumped me full of liquids and antibiotics.  I was also very dehydrated at this point.  On Monday the doctors did an endoscopic procedure to clear my bile duct of any stones that were stuck there and then yesterday they removed my gallbladder.  I slept most of Monday because I was running a fever that varied between 100-102 all day and into Tuesday.  Once my gallbladder was out though the fever immediately went down and was quickly gone completely.  I was discharged this morning and am now resting at home.  
   I am already feeling MUCH better.  I'm taking this week and next off from work to recover and have a follow-up appointment with the surgeon on Monday.  But that is why I am also going to be taking a short break from here as well.  I'm not supposed to be using my abdominal muscles too much, which is really hard btw if you've ever tried to not use those, so even using my laptop too much is a bit of a strain.  I will be back as soon as I can to finish up my Fall and Winter/Holiday reviews and get started on Spring reviews. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I hope you recover quickly! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. I'm feeling much better already. I hope your New Year is going well so far.

      Delete

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn