Friday, December 28, 2012

Zoya Ornate Collection Part 2- A Foil, A Shimmer, and A Glitter

   Today I have the second half of the Zoya Ornate collection to show you.  This half consists of a foil, a shimmer, and a glitter.  These all applied easily and I had no issues with any of the formulas.  I used Finger Paints base coat and no top coat for all three.


Ziv

   Ziv is a cool toned gold foil with tiny warmer gold flecks.  I can't decide if I like this one on me or not.  Yellows and golds usually don't work with my skin tone, but Ziv doesn't immediately make me go ick like I usually do.  There are minimal brushstrokes visible, which I really like.  I want to say this is 2 coats in the below photos, but I forgot to write it down so I'm not 100% certain.

Direct Sun

 Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



Logan

   Logan is an Emerald green base with gold shimmer.  The gold shimmer gives Logan a lovely glow.  This polish simultaneously reminds me of Christmas and The Emerald City from The Wizard of OZ.  The Emerald color really comes out in the sun, although the shimmer makes my camera freak out a bit.  This is 2 coats.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



Electra

   Electra is a glitter top coat with small silver and holo bar glitters.  The glitters like to hang off the edge of your nails, so you might want to gently run a finger along your nail edge while the polish is still wet to push any strays onto your nail.  I used 1 coat of Electra over Logan and it reminds me a bit of tinsel on a Christmas tree.  I am not a fan of this one.  I have never liked the look of bar glitter and Electra doesn't change my mind.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



   From the second half of Ornate, Logan is by far the stand out for me.  If you can only get a couple of polishes from this collection my vote goes to Aurora and Logan.  If you're a fan of bar glitter, Electra has a great formula and would be a good addition to your collection.  

Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for consideration.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn