Friday, December 14, 2012

China Glaze Get Carried Away

   The final polish from the China Glaze Cirque du Soleil collection I have for you is Get Carried Away.



   Get Carried Away is a mix of small round silver glitter, large silver hex glitter, large red-orange hex glitter, small round black glitter, black bar glitter, and large black hex glitter in a smokey base.  There's a lot going on in this polish, almost too much in fact at times.  The formula is very goopy which makes it hard to work with.  I did a mix of dabbing and brushing the polish on, but wasn't very happy with the results.  I need to work with this one a bit more, and maybe add some thinner, to figure out the best application.  
   The following photos are 1 dabbed coat over Bend Over Backwards from the same collection.  I used Finger Paints base coat and no top coat.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


   I had high hopes for Get Carried Away, but must say I am very disappointed.  In the bottle it looks interesting, but on the nail it's a bit messy.  Personally I would say give this one a pass.

Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn