Monday, December 3, 2012

China Glaze Creative Fantasy

   Happy December everyone!  Today I have the first of my China Glaze Cirque du Soleil reviews for you.  Even though this collection is being released during the holiday season, it is definitely NOT what you would normally expect from a collection this time of year.  The collection does however perfectly represent the theme of Cirque du Soleil.  
   

   Creative Fantasy is a medium dark violet jelly.  It could almost be a crelly, but is a little more on the sheer jelly side than the creme side.  If Creative Fantasy was a lighter shade I would call it a neon.  Even with the dark tone, this is a very vibrant polish and even dries to the matte/rubbery finish that most neons do.  Applying it over white might give you something closer to a true neon.  
   Formula was good and application was smooth, but like a lot of jelly polishes you can get streaks and patchy spots.  I used 3 coats in these photos and mostly got even coverage.  You can see one small thin patch on my thumb still.  I used Finger Paints base coat and no top coat to show you the rubber-like finish.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


   This particular shade of violet really reminds me of the violet plants my grandmother used to keep around the house.  It's almost a perfect match for the flower petals.  Looking at this makes me a bit sentimental, in a good way.  I think Creative Fantasy is a great shade, dark but still vibrant and attention getting.  The rubber finish gives options for wear, leave it alone, add top coat for shine, or just top coat the tips for a fun funky french look.


Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for consideration.

2 comments:

  1. I love this color! It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. Surprisingly it's not even my favorite of the cremes from this collection that I've tried so far.

      Delete

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn