Monday, December 24, 2012

Zoya Ornate Collection Part 1- The Holos

   I've been sitting here staring at my screen for the last few minutes with absolutely no idea what to write.  The fact that I can barely remember what day it is, and that I might be coming down with a cold, probably has something to do with this.  I'm looking forward to Christmas tomorrow mostly to have a day off.  And a day off where I don't have to feel guilty about not doing chores, or anything else if I don't want to.  So please forgive me if my posts are very short this week, but the retail world is rather exhausting this time of year.
   The Zoya Ornate collection for Holiday 2012 consists of 6 polishes.  Today I have the three holographic polishes for you.  The formula and application for all three of these was excellent.  I used Finger Paints base coat and no top coat for all swatches.



Aurora

   Aurora is a red-based purple base with scattered holo particles.  This one is the strongest holo.  This is 3 coats.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


Blaze

   Blaze is a cranberry base with scattered holo particles.  The holo is not as strong as Aurora, but still very noticeable.  This is 2 coats.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


Storm

   Storm is a black base with scattered holo.  This is the weakest holo of the three in my opinion.  I felt like the holo was trying to hide a bit unless my nails were directly in strong light.  This is 2 coats.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


   I really liked Blaze and Storm and loved Aurora.  I would recommend all three, but if you can only get one, I'd make it Aurora.

Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were sent to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn