Tuesday, December 18, 2012

China Glaze Holiday Joy Swatches and Review

   It's officially one week until Christmas.  Has everyone finished their shopping?  If you're celebrating or giving gifts that is.  In celebration, today I have 5 of the new China Glaze Holiday Joy polishes for you.  
   Sadly, I do not have any direct sun shots of these polishes though.  I swear the only time the sun has been out in the last few weeks around here is when I've been at work or had an appointment.  But I wanted to get these up for you before Christmas so instead of my normal direct sun and indoor with natural light photos I did outdoor photos in natural overcast light.  The first photo will be the overcast shot and the second photo will be indoors with flash.  I used Finger Paints base coat and no top coat for all swatches.


Red Satin


   Red Satin is a medium red creme.  Application is smooth and the formula flows nicely, though it is a little thin so you should be careful of pooling.  This is 2 coats.


Pure Joy


   Pure Joy is a red and gold glitter.  The mix is heavier on the small round red glitters, but the small gold hex glitters stand out a lot.  This is 2 coats over Red Satin.  I had no problems or issues with formula or application.  This is probably best as a layering polish.  I think it would take too many coats to build opacity on its own.


Merry Berry


   Merry Berry is a dark red creme with some purple hints to give it a berry tone.  I had a few issues with this one.  Application was mostly smooth.  The formula tends to pool however and thicker areas dry slowly.  This caused some drag and pulling on the second coat.  I recommend using thin even coats and waiting a little longer than normal between coats with this polish.  I used 2 coats.


Blue Bells Ring


   Blue Bells Ring is a blue foil.  The color is very vibrant yet still feels wintery, at least to me.  Formula and application are both very nice with this one.  I did get a bit of drag around my cuticles when I went back over an area I'd already covered to even out brush strokes.  I used 1 coat in these pictures.


Glitter All The Way


   Glitter All The Way is a multi color glitter.  There are small round red, gold, and purple glitters and small green hex glitters.  The color mix is Mardi Gras in a bottle.  Formula and application are both good.  This is 2 coats over Blue Bells Ring.  You could probably get this one opaque without too many coats, but I think it works great as a layering polish as well.

Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn