Thursday, December 20, 2012

Color Club Winter Affair

   Today I have a polish from the Color Club Winter Affair collection for Holiday 2012.  Actually, I have the namesake polish of the collection for you.



   Winter Affair is a deep maroon with gold shimmer.  Application was very smooth for me.  The formula is a little thick and likes to run down the neck of the brush.  I used 1 thick coat of polish for the photos below, except on my pinkie which is a thinner coat and could have used a second.  With the thicker coats you get more running from the polish, so 2 thinner coats might be better.  I used Finger Paints base coat and no top coat for the photos.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


   I LOVE the color of this polish.  I put it on just to swatch and wound up doing a full mani instead.  The Winter Affair collection can be found online at the Color Club website and other etailers.  There is also a scented version available, with a few color changes, at Sally Beauty.  I actually picked up this polish at TJ Maxx in a two pack with an unlabeled polish I believe is Covered in Diamonds from the Untamed Luxury collection.  I'm not sure why that was the second polish in a two pack labeled for the Winter Affair collection, but I've learned not to question these things too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn