Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Butter London Victoriana vs Zoya Skylar

   After yesterday's post, some of you might be thinking that Victoriana looks a lot like Zoya Skylar from the True collection for Spring 2012.  When I first received Skylar I was really hoping it would kill my lemming for Victoriana.  Mostly because Butter London doesn't go on sale very often and I don't like paying $15 for one bottle of polish.  Here are the bottles side by side.




   You can see right away that these are not dupes.  The Zoya is bluer and has more grey in it.  Also, while both have silver shimmer, the Zoya also has pink shimmer.  Formula wise, I found Skylar to be a little thinner, but application was approximately the same for both polishes.  I used 2 coats for each polish over Finger Paints base coat and no top coat.  Skylar is on my ring and index fingers while Victoriana is on my pinky and middle fingers and thumb.


Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


   The similarities are much more obvious on the nail.  The general feel of the polishes is the same.  Both are dusty feeling with an obvious silver shimmer.  I like both polishes a lot.  I think they are different enough to own both, but I can see where they might be too similar for some.  If I had to pick only one of them, I would probably go with Victoriana just because of the way it leans teal.

Disclaimer: Some of the product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn