Thursday, April 4, 2013

Color Club Wild Cactus

   During my last beauty supply trip, not only did I find the new Color Club Kaleidoscope collection, but also the new Fiesta collection for Spring '13.  The Fiesta collection is already up on the Cosmetic Group website, so I know this is a Spring collection.



   Wild Cactus is an emerald green creme.  If you haven't heard yet, Emerald is the Pantone color of the year, so we will be seeing lots of it this year.  Application was good and the formula was decent, just a little thick.  I didn't have any issues with the slight thickness.  In fact I think it helped application.  I used 2 coats for full coverage over Nail Tek Foundation II base and did not use a top coat.  

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


   Wild Cactus is very bright in the sun.  Not neon bright, just vibrant.  With this shade of green I would not be surprised to see some staining, so you might want to wear extra base coat just in case.
   In case you're wondering, Wild Cactus is several shades darker than Abyss.  Here is a side by side bottle comparison of the two.


   Abyss is on the left and Wild Cactus is on the right.  The difference is more noticeable in person I promise, but you can still see they are not dupes.  You can also see that Abyss is bluer than Wild Cactus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn