Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Chameleon Blue Sky

   One of the big thrills for a polish fanatic is finding a new brand to try out.  Will it be your new best friend or will it be added to the never buy again list.  Sadly I have a polish from the latter option today.
   I first discovered the Chameleon polishes while searching for info on the CQ brand.  Chameleon, CQ, and Petites are all part of the Scherer company.  I have 3 CQ polishes and really like those.  So when I found a line of all duo/multi-chromes from the same company, I was excited.  Chameleon polishes are sold only at Rite Aid and are priced under $3.  I picked up Blue Sky, a blue/teal/periwinkle shade.


   Formula was ok, not the best, but not the worst.  Very sheer though.  I used 3 coats and could have used 4.  The polish dries very quickly so that can lead to some application issues.  The finish is foil and very unforgiving of ridges or imperfections in your nail and application.  I would definitely recommend buffing or a ridge filling base coat.  This was supposed to be my vacation mani.  I applied it the night before I left for CA.  I honestly can't remember what base coat I used right now, but it was probably China Glaze Strong Adhesion or Seche Base or Restore.  Then 3 coats Blue Sky and 1 coat Seche Vite.

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor


   Somehow I could not manage to catch any duo goodness in these shots.  They all look purplish to me.  But in person there is a lovely teal that appears as well.  I managed a shot from my cell phone in the car on the way to the airport that sorta shows the teal.


   So why am I putting this polish in the never buying again list?  Wear.  I painted my nails Wed night right before bed.  Thursday morning as I was putting a shirt on to go outside to take pictures, it already started trying to chip.  I managed to catch that one, and a few others, and fix them with an extra layer of Vite to get the above pics.  However as I was packing my laptop and toiletries right before leaving another chip happened that I couldn't fix.  It was downhill from there.  By the time I arrived in CA, at least half the polish on EVERY nail was gone.  Ok, I helped the process along some from stress and frustration, flying is not my favorite thing so adding an hour and a half delay and a plane swap to that not so good.  But I didn't start picking at the polish until the chips were already pretty bad.  
   If you need a pretty foil duochrome for only a couple hours, these could work if you need a quick cheap polish.  Otherwise, I definitely say give these a pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn