Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Essie Sew Psyched

   Man this has been a crazy day.  And not in a good way.  But I won't bore you with the details.  Instead I will show you a polish I've been meaning to post for a while now.  You can tell these photos are older by my nail length.  These were pre-a million and one breaks I've been dealing with lately.  It seems every time I start getting some length back another nail breaks.
   Sew Psyched is a dusty slate green polish with a tiny silver shimmer from the Essie Fall 2010 collection. 


   Formula was very nice with a smooth application.  I don't remember what base coat I used, it was too long ago sorry.  I'm pretty sure I used my trusty SV on top.  To remember how many coats I used I did a quick one finger test and needed 3 coats for full opacity.  That was what came to mind when trying to remember so I'm gonna say these photos were probably 3 coats of color.  The silver shimmer is very tiny and hard to see unless you look very closely at the nail, but it gives the polish a bit of life so it's not so flat on your nail.

Direct Sun

Indirect Sun

Indoor




   I really enjoyed this color, but I found that a lot of people thought it was grey in most lighting instead of a green.  They still liked it though so I guess it doesn't really matter.
   After a few days I decided I wanted to add a little sparkle to my nails.  So enter Sinful Colors Nail Junkie.  Nail Junkie is very similar to China Glaze Atlantis, but with more multi-size glitter pieces.  I loved this combination. 

Direct Sun

Blur for sparkle 

Shade

   So what do you guys think of Sew Psyched solo and topped with Nail Junkie? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn