Monday, November 8, 2010

OPI Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow Suede

   Is anyone else starting to feel the Holiday Spirit?  I know I am.  Though that might be the Winter Wonderland decor at work and the Christmas music we're already playing.  If only the cd didn't have that stupid Happy Elf song on it.  Do you know that one?  It drives me up a wall every time I hear it.  But enough rambling.
   Today for you I have the newest edition to the OPI Suede collection.  Here Today... Aragon Tomorrow Suede is a beautiful deep emerald green.  It reminds me of Christmas Tree green and would be a lovely holiday color.  In the bottle you can see a really pretty multi-color micro-glitter effect.  Click for a larger image.
 


   The formula on this polish was very nice.  Not too thick, not too thin.  Only two coats were needed for full opacity.  Like all matte/suede polishes, this one dries very quickly.  I recommend using slightly thicker coats to make sure you have enough polish on your brush to completely cover each nail before the polish starts drying.  I also found that the fewer brush strokes per nail the better to keep dragging to a minimum.  I used one coat China Glaze Strong Adhesion base coat, which I let dry completely before adding polish, and two coats Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow.  Unlike the actual Matte polish line, the Suedes do not say not to use a base coat, only to not use top coat or lotion, as they ruin the suede finish.  If you look closely at the nail, you can see a hint of the shimmer from the bottle even with the suede finish.

Direct Sun


Shade


Indoor


   I always think I'm not a matte fan until I put one on.  Then I realize once again that they are a very nice change now and then.  This one is no exception.  The bottle tag warns that Suedes do not wear as long as normal OPI polishes.  These shots were taken at least 36 hours after I applied the polish, stupid rain, and as you can see, so far nothing really obvious wear wise.  
   Now for the real treat with this polish.  That shimmer/micro-glitter look you can see peeking out of the suede?  It becomes the star of the party when you add top coat to the polish.  With top coat, this may be my favorite green shimmer I've found so far.  Just look how it sparkles in the sun.

Direct Sun with Top Coat


   I tried out my mini bottle of OPI RapiDry top coat for the first time with this mani.  I think my definition of Rapid Dry and OPI's definition are very different.  Or I've just been spoiled by my Seche Vite.  Not that it was slow drying, just not as quick as I would have liked when running out the door for a lunch date.  
   So which version do you prefer?  The actual Suede finish or the sparkly top coat finish?  I really like both, though I think I'll wear it with top coat more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn