Friday, November 12, 2010

Misa Spinning Out of Control

   Recently I've read several posts about Misa nail polishes.  They've all been extremely complimentary and the colors have looked fabulous.  So when I made a, rather large, order recently I decided to include a Misa to try them out.  And of course I chose a purple polish.  The hard part was picking which one to try first.  There were quite a few that looked intriguing, but finally I went with Spinning Out of Control from their Fall What I Like About You Collection. 




   I am so happy that I decided to try this brand and went with this color.  My only disappointment is that I didn't order more colors.  Well and that my budget doesn't allow for another order right now.
   Sadly, my camera decided to be difficult and not photograph the polish properly.  All my photos came out too blue.  I tried color correcting in GIMP, but I couldn't get them right still.  So all of these are non corrected.  I do have one photo I took with my phone that I corrected in Picassa that I will post at the end.
 See more after the break


   The formula was very nice.  Maybe just a little on the runny side as I kept having some excess polish run down from the top of my brush to my nail, but not enough to have it pool in my cuticles or anything.  Just enough that I would suggest making sure to wipe the top of the brush on the bottle.  Application was extremely smooth.  I used one coat Seche Rebuild for a base coat, two coats Spinning, and one coat Seche Vite top coat.  I used two coats of Spinning, but someone with a steadier hand could probably get away with just one.  This is a very pigmented polish.  The color is a rich, deep blue-tinged purple.  Sort of like a grape popsicle or kool-aid, but better.  There is a subtle red shimmer as well that comes out in the sun.

Direct Sun

Indirect Sun

Shade

Indoor


   Now this one I took from my cell phone.  The first is as is and the second is color corrected some.  It's still not quite right, but much closer.  But please ignore the red fingers in the second photo.

Non-Corrected

Color Corrected


   As I'm sure you can tell, I am in love with this polish.  This is my current favorite purple.  As soon as I walked into work the first day I had it on, one of my managers asked to borrow it.  Even my husband said it was pretty.  That's a big compliment from him since he usually just says it's ok to any polish I'm wearing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn