Thursday, November 25, 2010

Nicole by OPI Holiday Magic Part 1

   Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope everyone has a good holiday.  Today I have the first part of my Nicole by OPI Holiday Magic swatches for you.  The collection consists of 2 red shimmers and 2 glitter top coats.



   Fist up are the 2 shimmers. Stuck in the Chimney, a cranberry shimmer with hints of gold, and Kiss Me at Midnight, a blackened red shimmer.  The formula on both of these was good and application was smooth.  Stuck in the Chimney was opaque with 2 coats while Kiss Me at Midnight took 3.  With both colors I used 1 coat of OPI Natural Base Coat and 1 coat Seche Vite Top Coat.

Stuck in the Chimney

Direct Sun

Indirect Sun

Indoor

   Stuck in the Chimney is a very pretty shimmer, but leans a little to the frosty side to me.  I think that touch of frostiness put me off the polish just a little at first, even though I like the color.  Looking at the pictures again I'm liking it more, so I will definitely give it another chance.

Kiss Me at Midnight

Direct Sun

Indirect Sun

Indoor

   Kiss Me at Midnight is a lovely vampy blackened red shimmer.  But it feels very familiar to me.  It's still a nice color, but unless it fills a hole in your collection, you can probably skip this one.

Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were sent to me by the company for consideration

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn