Friday, February 4, 2011

China Glaze Ruby Deer and Milani Red Sparkle

   I think I may have to start building an Ark soon. Though I'm pretty sure it would kill my mani and nails. This is day 5 of rain here.  I really want to go buy some Wellies/Rain Boots/Galoshes, whatever you want to call them, but David says I don't need any.  Personally I think he's mistaken.  I mean if 5 straight days of rain and flood warning doesn't call for Wellies, I don't know what does.
   With Valentine's Day just over a week away, I'm sure lots of you are starting to think about your manis for the day.  So today I'm going to show you two reds you might want to consider.  I used them together for a fun take on a french manicure.  The polishes are China Glaze Ruby Deer from the Naughty or Nice holiday collection and Milani Red Sparkle from the new Rockstar Nails collection.

Ruby Deer

   I don't have a bottle shot of Red Sparkle unfortunately.  I thought I took one, but I can't find it at the moment.  
   Ruby Deer is my current favorite red creme.  It is a true red with no blue or orange leanings.  It's just RED.  Application was as smooth as butter and completely opaque in 2 coats.
   Red Sparkle is just what you would think from the name.  It's a red glitter with I think a black base, but the glitter is so dense it is hard to tell exactly what the base is.  I only used 1 coat of Red Sparkle on my tips.  Because of the density, the formula is a little thick but not too hard to work with.  I free-handed the tips and think they came out pretty well.

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor

   Remember to click to enlarge to see full details.  I loved this combination.  David didn't like it, not that that is surprising.  He thought it was too red.   Boys huh?  Lol.     
   What do you ladies think of these two?  If I could draw hearts at all I could totally see a light pink or white base with hearts in either of the colors, or both, on accent nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn