Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Zoya Dannii

   Why hello there Mr. Sun.  I've missed you so.  Please don't go away for so long again.  In case you can't tell, I finally had a sunny day today when I was off work.  So of course I ran outside to get some swatching action on.
   This spring I'm noticing a trend towards soft muted colors on one end and bright bolds on the other.  At least that's what I'm seeing so far.
   Zoya definitely went with the soft muted colors for their Spring Intimate collection.  Now I'm not normally a subdued nail color person, but I must say I am really liking this collection.  First up is Dannii, a lovely lilac/orchid purple with what I'm calling the new Zoya signature sparkle. I would not call her a neutral color, but she is a soft purple not a bright or bold purple.


   Application was smooth, but I noticed some bubbling on my nails.  I did apply in a hurry, so that may explain the bubbling, but I'm not sure.  The bubbles were camouflaged fairly well by the sparkle, especially to the average eye from a distance.  Formula was nice as usual with Zoya.  With all the polishes in this collection, I will be using China Glaze Strong Adhesion base coat and Barielle Manicure Extender top coat unless otherwise noted.  For Dannii I used 2 coats to achieve opaque coverage.

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor

   The sparkle of Dannii really shows up in all lighting.  She pulls a little more red under artificial light and more blue under natural light.  But either way a very lovely medium purple.  Remember with removal to wipe your nails in only one direction to minimize the micro-glitter left on your fingers.

Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were sent to me by the company for consideration

1 comment:

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn