Monday, February 28, 2011

Zoya Marley

   Who watched the Oscars last night?  There were some beautiful looks, and some rather strange ones too- I'm looking at you James Franco in the Marilyn Monroe get-up.  I want to see The King's Speech even more now.  I love Colin Firth.  More importantly, who stayed up to watch Kimmel afterwards?  That Toddlers & Tiaras spoof with Tom Hanks was priceless.  Especially the end when Ron Howard suddenly showed up.  
   And now for something completely different.  Well, different from the previous ramblings, not different from the normal content of this space.  Marley is the second purple in the Zoya Intimate collection.  This one is a soft lavender color which initially looks like a creme, but when you look closely has a subtle pearl finish to bring extra depth out of the polish.  


   As a reminder, with all the colors in this collection I used China Glaze Strong Adhesion base and Barielle Manicure Extender top.  Marley is nicely pigmented and only needed 2 coats for opacity.  No complaints about formula or application.  One complaint about my klutziness which led to a dent in my pinkie finger on the way outside to take photos.  Please ignore said dent.

Direct Sun
   Click this photo to enlarge and see the soft pearl finish.

Shade

Indoor

   Marley is a very lovely color, and I'm never the person to say you don't need a purple, but it's not a very unique color.  The pearl finish does give Marley an edge over other lavenders to me.

Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were sent to my by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn