Monday, March 14, 2011

Orly It's Not Rocket Science

   It's St. Patrick's Day week.  Do you have your mani picked out for Thursday yet?  No?  Don't worry, this week I will be featuring green polish.  I'm starting with It's Not Rocket Science from the Cosmic FX collection by Orly.  INRS, sorry not typing that full name out a bunch of times, is described as green with gold blue fx. 


   I would describe INRS as a yellowish green almost like a new tennis ball.  I was concerned about how this would look on, but when I found it on clearance for $2.99 I figured it was worth trying at least.  I was pleasantly surprised by how INRS looked on, for me at least.  Is it a polish I will wear often?  Probably not, but it's nice for something different now and then.
   Application was pretty smooth and the formula was a nice consistency.  It was a little sheer, but 3 coats give nice even coverage without anything underneath.  I used Orly Bonder as my base and PoliShield as my top coat.

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor


   The color shift was a little hard to see, but I did capture one good shot of it.  Look closely at my thumb in the following photo:



   So what do you ladies think?  Definitely not your typical green, but sometimes that's a good thing. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is an awesome colour, I don't have anything like it in my collection. In the sunlight it looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn