Thursday, June 21, 2012

China Glaze Smoke and Ashes

   Getting back to reviews now I promise.  I have lots of fun stuff to catch up on and show you guys.  Today's post is Smoke and Ashes from the China Glaze Hunger Games collection. 


   Smoke and Ashes is a very dark, almost black, base with Evergreen shimmer/mini flakes.  I can definitely see where the name comes from.  On the nail the base looks mostly black, but the shimmer does help the green come through in most light.  The formula and application were both nice and I only needed 1 coat for full coverage.  I used Beauty Secrets Ridge Filler base coat and no top coat.

 Sun

Shade

Indoor


   Sorry the pictures are a little blurry, my camera did not want to fully capture this polish.  The shimmer and flakes are more apparent in person.  The shimmer will stick to your skin, as you can see above, but washes off pretty easily.  If you like dark colors and shimmers, I would recommend this polish.  It's not one I see myself wearing a lot, but I'm sure it will make an appearance in the fall.

Disclaimer:  The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn