Friday, June 29, 2012

L'Oreal Safari Chic

   A few months ago L'Oreal introduced a whole new line of Colour Riche nail polishes.  I want to say there are around 42 new shades that are widely available at most drug stores and other mass retailers.  L'Oreal claims the polishes give a 10-day wear, but I haven't tested this.  If any of you have I would love to hear your results in the comments below.
   I bought 2 colors from the line that looked the most interesting to me.  The first I'm going to show you is Safari Chic.



   Safari Chic is a sage green polish with a micro-shimmer of silver, pink, and either blue or green, I had a hard time trying to decide which it is, or if it's a combination of the two.  You can see the shimmer in the bottle, but it really doesn't translate to the nail.  On, Safari Chic really looks like a creme.  The polish dries much darker on than in the bottle.  But I had no issues with the formula or application.  Pigmentation was good and I only needed 2 coats for full coverage.  I used Beauty Secrets Ridgefiller for my base and no top coat.

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor


   I like the color a lot.  But I'm a bit disappointed that the shimmer doesn't show on the nail.  The shimmer is what made the polish appeal to me.  Without it, I feel the color is more familiar and similar to other polishes I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn