Monday, July 2, 2012

Finger Paints Grape Gumball

   Finger Paints is a Sally Beauty exclusive line.  There's a decent size core collection year round as well as limited edition seasonal collections.  Grape Gumball is from their Spring 2012 Gumdrops & Lollipops collection.



This is a medium purple with silver shimmer.  There are also hints of pink and blue shimmer, but silver is the predominant color.  The formula and application were good, but the dry time was slow.  A top coat might have helped that, but I'm not sure.   Normally when I swatch by the time I finish cleaning up a polish, taking the 10-20 photos I sort through to find the best ones, and am ready to take a polish off to swatch the next one, the polish is pretty much dry.  This one was not and was still very easily dent/smudgeable when I went to remove it.  My base coat was Finger Paints Base coat.  I used 2 medium coats of polish, but 1 was almost enough.  If you do thick coats, you might be able to get by with 1 coat, but possibly 3 thin coats would be best just to help with drying.  I did not use a top coat.

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor


   Obviously, I love the color.  I wish the dry time was better, but next time I will try a good quick dry top coat and see if that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn