Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Zoya Arizona and Myrta

   Today's post is brought to you by the color orange.  Arizona and Myrta from the Zoya Beach and Surf Summer 2012 collections to be exact.  You've probably been seeing a lot of orange this year as Tangerine Tango is the Pantone color of the year.  Myrta is closer to this shade, but Arizona is a nice compliment. 
   Arizona, from the Beach set, is a medium orange/tangerine creme.


  The formula was a little thick, but that could just be my bottle.  When it arrived the polish had leaked into the cap and onto the neck a little, so I think my bottle was affected by heat, which could have caused the thickness.  Does anyone else have this polish?  What's the consistency like on your bottle?
   Application was ok, but the first coat was a bit streaky.  The second coat evened everything out though.  I used Finger Paints base coat, 2 coats of Arizona, and no top coat.  Dry, the polish is brighter than the bottle color.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



   Myrta is a red-orange metallic foil with a pewter or gold/silver mix shimmer.  It's a little hard to tell which but the shimmer lends well with the polish color.  In a good way.

  
   I had no issues with the formula or application.  Like with Arizona my base coat was Finger Paints and I used 2 coats of polish.  No top coat again.  Myrta dries to bottle color.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



   I think Myrta would be a great summer pedi color.  And once I add a little thinner to Arizona I can definitely see myself wearing it again.  Neither color is super unique, but both are very nice, especially if your collection could use some orange.

Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were sent to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn