Friday, July 27, 2012

China Glaze Full Spectrum and Optical Illusion

   Today I'm bringing you two polishes from the China Glaze Prismatic collection from Spring 2012.  Both are glitter polishes with very small multi-colored hex glitters and a bit of duochrome/color shift to the bases.
   Full Spectrum has a light pink base with a silver shift and darker pink flashes.




   Application was good on Full Spectrum.  It doesn't have the typical thick glitter formula, in fact it is a little thin formula wise.  I used 3 coats for full coverage and Finger Paints base coat.  I added Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat on my index and ring fingers.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



   Optical Illusion has a sea green base and flashes purple.  Sadly the purple mostly just shows in the bottle and not as much on the nail.


   The formula was a little thick on Optical Illusion, but not too thick and application was still smooth.  I only needed 2 coats on this one for full coverage.  Again I used Finger Paints base coat and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat on my ring and index fingers.  

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



   The color shift is very subtle in both of these polishes.  Though I've heard it comes out more if you layer them over black or another dark color.  They are still pretty polishes and apply extremely well for glitters.  The Prismatic collection has been out for a couple months, but should still be available for purchase easily online or at independent beauty supply stores.


Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn