Thursday, July 12, 2012

Zoya Shelby and Rory

   Today I'm bringing you Shelby and Rory from the Zoya Beach and Surf Summer 2012 collections.  
   Shelby is a bright pink creme, with a tiny tinge of blue for a cool tone, from the Beach collection.



   Formula and application were good and the polish dries darker than bottle color.  Because Shelby dries darker, it becomes a pretty standard Barbie or bubblegum pink shade.  I used Finger Paints base coat, 2 coats of polish, and no top coat.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



   Rory is a cool toned rose pink metallic foil with silver shimmer from the Surf collection. 



   I had no issues with formula and application with Rory either.  Again I used Finger Paints base coat, 2 coats of polish, and no top coat.  

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



   Both Shelby and Rory are nice polishes, but are my least favorites from the Summer collection.  They feel very familiar and common to me and in Rory's case, even a little dated.  I guess I just expect more from Zoya and was a little disappointed with these two.

Disclaimer:  The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn