Friday, July 20, 2012

Finger Paints Pop Rock Pink

   You all know that I'm generally not a big fan of pinks.  But from the first swatches I saw of Pop Rock Pink from the Finger Paints Gumdrops and Lollipops collection I wanted it.  When I found it on clearance recently I of course had to grab it.  Once I put it on, I loved it.  This might be my favorite pink ever.  I've even worn it as a full mani already, as part of a jelly sandwich, and didn't want to take it off.


   Pop Rock Pink is an orange leaning pink jelly with brighter pink shimmer.  It is definitely pink and not coral, which is why I say orange leaning.  I just love the squishy texture and how you can see the depth of the shimmer.  Application was very smooth and the formula is good, but a tiny bit thin.  I used Finger Paints base coat, 2 coats of polish, and no top coat.  With 2 coats you can still see a little bit of vnl (visible nail line), so you might want a 3rd coat if that bothers you.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



   The shimmer flashes a little blue at times.  Please click on the pictures to enlarge them.  My camera didn't capture the shimmer that well, but I promise it's there in person.  
   When I wore this as a jelly sandwich, I used Sally Hansen Princess Cut with Pop Rock Pink.  Princess Cut is a small flake polish with a pink base.  Here's a couple pictures from my phone of that mani.




   Again, please click to enlarge these photos.  What I love about jelly sandwiches is how the glitter or flakes appear to almost float in the polish.  For this look I did 1 coat of Pop Rock Pink, 2 coats of Princess Cut, then 1 more thin coat of Pop Rock Pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn