Monday, September 24, 2012

China Glaze Adventure Red-Y Comparisons

   Today I'm bringing you a couple of comparisons to Adventure Red-Y from the China Glaze On Safari collection.  I just did a quick look at my stash and found a couple of polishes that looked close in the bottle.  I'm sure there are other close shades, but I don't wear a lot of reds, so my choices were limited.  
   The two polishes I pulled were Rekha from the Zoya Fall 2012 Designer collection and Phat Santa from the China Glaze 2010 Holiday collection.

L-R: Adventure Red-Y, Rekha, Phat Santa


   In the bottle, Adventure Red-Y looks closer to Phat Santa.  In these photos, I used 2 coats of each polish, Finger Paints base coat, and no top coat.  Adventure Red-Y is on my index and pinky fingers, Phat Santa is on my middle finger, and Rekha on my ring finger.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



   There are no dupes here, but I'd say Rekha and Phat Santa are the closest with Adventure Red-Y being the darkest of the three.  Adventure Red-Y is also harder to work with than the other 2 polishes formula wise.  


Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were sent to me by the companies for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn