Thursday, September 6, 2012

China Glaze Jungle Queen VS Revlon Perplex

   Wow, where has this last week gone?  So sorry this has taken me so long to post, I picked up a bunch of extra shifts at work and had a migraine or two since my Jungle Queen review.  But here is my comparison with Revlon Perplex, you can find my review of Perplex here.



   In the bottle Jungle Queen and Perplex look very close, but Perplex comes across maybe just a it more greyed.  For this comparison I used 2 coats of each polish over Finger Paints base coat and no top coat.  Jungle is on my pinky, middle, and thumb while Perplex is on my index and ring fingers.  There aren't any real application differences.  Formula wise Perplex is touch thinner.  

Direct Sun


Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



   If I look really closely, I would say Perplex is maybe 1 shade lighter than Jungle Queen.  I asked the hubby what he thought and he couldn't tell them apart.  The slight difference might be from the shimmer.  I feel the shimmer shows up a tiny bit more with Perplex, though it is still VERY subtle.
   In case you missed out on Perplex when it was first released, Revlon has renamed this polish Naughty and it is now part of the core line.  I'm not sure why there was a name change for Perplex, and a few other newer polishes, but at least it is more readily available now.
   I'm calling Jungle Queen and Perplex dupes.  If you already have Perplex, or Naughty, you don't need to pick up Jungle Queen.  If you don't have one yet, then either brand is great.  I would pick whichever brand's formula works best for you.


Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were sent to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn