Thursday, November 15, 2012

Zoya Designer Series Part 1

   The Zoya Designer series for Fall 2012 consists of 6 creme polishes.  For part 1 I'm showing you Rekha, Toni, and Monica.  For all three of these I used 2 coats of polish over Finger Paints base coat and no top coat.  Formula and application were good except for one exception that I'll talk about later.


Rekha

   Rekha is a deep but bold red creme.  It was originally released as an LE shade in the Bibhu Mohapatra Fall/Winter 2012 Fashion Week box set back in February.  Rekha is a good red, but it's not unique or a must have in my opinion.

Direct Sun


Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



Toni

   Toni is a deep plum with a slight grey tinge for a dusty feel.  Toni dries darker than bottle color, but doesn't look black or close to black.  I needed slightly thicker coats for smoother application, but a few drops of thinner would probably fix that issue.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



Monica

   Monica is a dusty deep purple.  This one could almost be a 1 coat polish if you're careful.  It also dries darker than bottle color.  In dim/low light Monica can look black or almost black.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



   What do you think of part 1 of the Designer collection?  Toni is my surprise favorite of these three.  I expected it to be Monica, which is a close second, but there's something about Toni that I love.  I really didn't want to take it off when I was doing these swatches.

Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn