Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Zoya Gloss Collection

   Recently, jelly polishes have gained a lot of popularity.  I'm happy about this because I love the versatility of them and the squishy look they have.  For Fall 2012 Zoya has given us 3 new jellies in the Gloss collection.
   For all three of these polishes I used Finger Paints base coat and no top coat.  To show you how well these build I did a different number of coats on each finger starting with one coat on my pinky and going to four coats on my index finger.  


Paloma

   Paloma is a nice berry shade.  It starts out a bit streaky with just one or two coats, but evens out at about three.  Formula was good, but coverage can be a bit uneven if you aren't careful with your application.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


Read on after the jump for the rest of the collection....



Katherine

   Katherine is a dark purple with a slight grey tinge.  Formula and application were good.  Streaks even out at about 3 coats.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


Frida

   Frida is a lovely teal shade that leans slightly to the green side.  Formula and application were again good.  This is the least uneven of the three shades and my favorite of the three.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash


   I also want to show you how these look over a glitter for a jelly sandwich.  I used 1 coat of Nina Ultra Pro Holographic Top Coat for the glitter.  This is a new polish from Nina that was released with the recent redesign of the bottles.  I LOVE this polish by the way.  I'm showing you the polish on its own on my pinky, topped with 1 coat of Frida on my ring finger, 2 coats of Katherine on my middle finger, and 1 coat of Paloma on my index finger.  I did 2 coats of Katherine to make it even because my application was a little rough.  I used Finger Paints base coat and no top coat.

Direct Sun


   So what do you all think?  Have you tried any of these yet?  Which is your favorite?  Any plans for jelly sandwiches?  Let me know in the comments.


Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were sent to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn