Saturday, August 14, 2010

Girls' Day and a Barielle Score

   Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I've been a little busy.  My husband is starting his second year of grad school at UGA on Monday so we're trying to make sure he's ready to go.  Which of course means shoe shopping as both his pairs need replacing.  What is it about boys that they only have like 3 pairs of shoes?  And yet, in general, they hate shopping so don't want to replace them when the shoes fall apart.  So tomorrow I get to drag him to the outlet mall and try to find at least one pair that are workshop safe.  Of course I'm not looking forward to this at all.  Nope, not me.  I absolutely hate shopping.  Raise your hand if you believe that.  No one?  Good.  Cause shopping is one of my absolute favorite activities.
   Speaking of shopping, I did a little of that after work today.  The shopping center I work at has a TJ Maxx in it.   If you've never been to a TJ Maxx, you should check one out if you get a chance.  It's one of those stores where they get overstock, or discontinued merchandise, from other stores so you never know what you're going to find.  Sometimes you won't find anything.  Sometimes you'll find something awesome.  Today was a fairly awesome day for me.  What did I find?  I found a bottle of Barielle Ultra Speed Dry Manicure Extender and a bottle of Shades by Barielle in Euphoric.  Each bottle was $3.99.  I've been wanting to try this brand for a while so this find made me excited.

Barielle Score
Read about girls' day after the break


  Thursday morning I had an eye appointment.  So I bribed one of my friends to go with me to help pick out my new glasses.  Mainly to have a second opinion on what looked good and what didn't from someone who could actually see as I tried frames on.  As for me, I can see enough to read a book without my glasses, but not much of anything else.  Which makes picking new frames rather difficult.  I wound up with two new pairs which will be in in 7-10 business days.  I will post pics of my current pair and the new ones as soon as they're here.  I'm really excited about the new style.
   After my appointment came the bribe redemption.  What was the bribe?  Lunch and mani/pedis.  With the option of raiding my nail polish stash to take with her and use.  She went with Towel Boy Toy, a neon blue shimmer from the 2010 Poolside collection, and Tree Hugger, a lime green shimmer from the 2008 ecollection, both by China Glaze.  I also went with two China Glaze colors, Kiwi Cool-Ada for my toes and Heli-Yum for my fingers.  Kiwi is a neon green from the summer 2010 Poolside collection.  Heli-Yum is a vibrant raspberry creme from the Spring 2010 Up & Away collection.  Sorry for the bad picture, I took it after dark so it's from inside my apartment.

My Color Choices

Mani

Pedi

Toe Detail

   Sadly, I have already chipped my left thumb nail.  I was chopping some unsweetened chocolate earlier to make brownies, I will post about those soon, and I accidentally tried to add part of my thumb nail.  Luckily my nail didn't break and I didn't actually injure myself.  But that doesn't mean I'm not still a little upset about the chip as this was my first professional mani in like 4 years. 

Baking Casualty :(


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn