Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Orly Halley's Comet

   *Looks around*  Ummm, where have the last two weeks gone?  So sorry about the disappearing act.  I blame loopiness due to evil tree sperm of death, aka pollen.  I swear I can barely remember what day it is half the time.  Of course Hockey Playoffs might be contributing too.....
   Halley's Comet is the second blue from the Orly Cosmic FX collection.  It is described as a Turquoise with green yellow fx.  It is definitely turquoise, and a lovely one.  But I did not get much of the green yellow to come through on the nail.  

   With Halley's Comet I used Orly Bonder as my base, 3 coats of polish on all fingers, and Orly Polishield as my top coat.  3 coats were sufficient for this one as it is more opaque, but still a little streaky so be careful with application.  

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor

   Another thing to look out for is a removal issue I found.  With both clean up and full removal I had a big problem with Halley's Comet staining the skin around my nails blue.  You can see it in the above pictures if you enlarge them and look closely.  
   I like the color a lot, but I am not a fan of the staining.  It is also a familiar color and reminds me a lot of Zoya Charla, which you can see a swatch of here

Disclaimer:  The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn