Saturday, December 31, 2011

Nicole by OPI Kardashian Collection Part 1 - Cremes and Jellies

   There are a couple of ways to divide the Nicole by OPI Kardashian collection.  One is by Kardashian, but honestly I can never keep them straight so that's not a good option for me.  The other is by finish.  This works much better for me so that's how I'm splitting the reviews.  The first part is the cremes and jellies.  There are 6 polishes in this part versus 8 polishes in the shimmers and glitters part.  For all of these swatches I used Beauty Secrets base coat and Diamond Dry top coat.  Unless otherwise noted, these are 2 coats each.


All Kendall-ed Up

   All Kendall-ed Up is a bright pink creme.  The formula is a bit thin and can have a bit of cuticle drag if you don't wait a few minutes between coats.  In person this polish is just a little bit more blue toned than the pictures show.

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor



Kourt is Red-Y for a Pedi

   From the bottle Kourt looks like an orange leaning red creme, but as soon as I opened the bottle and looked at the brush I realized it is actually a jelly.  1 coat gives good coverage, but 2 is a little more opaque while still retaining sheer squishy look that makes jellies so fun.  I used 1 coat on my pinkie, middle, and thumb and then 2 coats on my ring and index fingers.  The longer I had the polish on, the more I liked it.  I think because of the squishy feel.

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor




Sealed with a Kris

   Sealed is a medium dark red jelly.  I had some patchiness and cuticle drag issues with this one as well.  I used 2 coats, but you might want to use 3 instead for more even coverage.  Sealed could potentially stain your skin/nails because of the dark red pigment.

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor



Hard Kourt Fashionista

   Hard Kourt is a rich brown creme.  In the sun.  Inside it almost looks more eggplant or red to me.  In either lighting though, it has a very earthy/smoky feel.  My first coat of polish was very patchy and streaky again.  My second coat however, went on much smoother.  The difference?  I realized I was putting on too thin a coat.  With more polish on my brush to do a thicker coat, the polished worked much better.  I think had I done thicker coats with the first three, I wouldn't have had patchiness or cuticle drag issues.  In fact for all 6 cremes/jellies in this collection you really need to use thicker coats for best/smoothest application.

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor



My Empire...My Rules

   My Empire is a nice neutral creme.  It's right on the line between being a dark taupe and just a brown-tinged grey.   With thick coats it applies smoothly.

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor



Khloe Had a Little Lam-Lam

   Lam-Lam is a dark teal creme.  And yet has a hint of squishy jellyness, but just a little too pigmented to be a true jelly.  I used 1 coat, thicker to try to avoid drag and streaks, but I think 2 coats would be better.

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor



   I was pleasantly surprised by this part of the collection.  I was expecting just a bunch of cremes in shades we've seen before.  But then I discovered the jellies and almost jelly.  I can see myself wearing most of these shades, but especially Khloe Had a Little Lam-Lam and My Empire...My Rules.

Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were sent to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn