Sunday, January 1, 2012

Nicole by OPI Kardashian Collection Part 2 - Shimmers and Glitters

   Part 2 of the Nicole by OPI Kardashian collection contains 8 shimmer and glitter polishes.  For all of these swatches I used Beauty Secrets base coat and Diamond Dry top coat.  Most only needed 2 coats for good coverage, but I'll say which needed more.


Rainbow in the S-Kylie

   Rainbow is a multi-colored, multi-sized hex glitter with a clear base.  This is one coat over Hard Kourt Fashionista.  I did not put a top coat over Rainbow.

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor

   I really liked this combo.  The darker base lets the colors pop, but with a warmer feel than using black.  If Rainbow in the S-Kylie looks familiar, that's because it is.  It is the exact same polish as Rainbow Connection from the OPI Muppet collection.  Here's a shot of the two bottles side by side:


   See?  These are the same polish under different names.  I am very disappointed by this.  With the source inspiration material for both of these collections I can't understand how they couldn't come up with a different polish for one of the collections.


It's all About the Glam

   Glam is a white base with silver shimmer/micro-glitter and a hint of pink shimmer.  It starts out very sheer, but builds nicely.  I used 3 coats here, but you might want to do 4.  The shimmer is much more apparent in person and the vnl is less apparent.  I apologize for the bad clean up job, the micro-glitter did not want to come off my skin.  For some reason, this polish dried very slowly.  Usually by the time I finish clean-up and pictures a polish is dry when I use a quick dry top coat like Diamond Dry.  But this one was still easily dentable/smudgeable at that point.

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor




Kim-Pletely in Love

   Kim-Pletely is a baby pink with blue shimmer/micro-glitter and a bit of a purple flash.  It builds more than I expected, but I did use 3 coats.  1 coat could be good for layering or this could make a nice jelly-sandwich polish.  That being said, this polish completely bores me.  I look at it and thing been there done that.  How many times are we going to see this same color?

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor



Disco Dolls

   Disco is a small gold glitter with small multi-colored hex glitters mixed in.  The glitter is densely packed for good coverage.  Application was easy, especially for a glitter.  I was expecting this polish to look bad on me, golds don't usually work with my skin tone, but it worked surprisingly well.  I think there's just enough of a bronze tinge to make it work for me.  The polish dries to a satin finish, but it looks nice that way.  I left my thumb without top coat so you could see the satin finish.

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor



Wear Something Spar-Kylie

   Spar-Kylie is a pink and silver glitter in a pink base.  It borders on rose colored.  The glitter is nicely concentrated and dries to a nice satin finish as well.  I put top coat on my ring and index finger only.  

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor



Listen to Your Momager!

   Momager is a rich Sapphire blue shimmer/glass-fleck.  I forgot to write down how many coats of polish I used, but I am pretty sure it was only 1 or 2.  The polish is very pigmented and shouldn't need more than 2 coats.  You will need to use thicker coats again with this one to avoid streaks and bald patches.  I love all of these vibrant blue shades that have been coming out lately.  My only issue with them is that they all seem to stain.  I only had Momager on for about 10 minutes and it was already starting to stain my nails.  So make sure you double up on base coat.

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor



Follow Me on Glitter

   Follow Me is a dark charcoal grey base with small silver glitter and small multi-colored hex glitter.  Glitter concentration is good with nice application and formula.  This one also dries matte on the nail.  Follow Me is very sparkly and because of this hard to photograph.  The shine freaks my camera out so it won't focus on the polish.  The polish is much prettier in person than these pictures make it seem.

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor



Kendall on the Katwalk

   Kendall is a rich blue base with small blue glitter and slightly larger purple and green glitter.  The glitter is less dense in this polish so coverage is less even.  I still only used 2 coats however.  Even though coverage is less dense, the sparkle of the glitter distracts your eye from noticing any bare nail.  Just like the other glitters in the collection, this one dries to a matte finish.  Again, the shine and sparkle make my camera not focus on the polish very well.

Direct Sun

Shade

Indoor



   Final thoughts on the collection:  I was very pleasantly surprised by how much I liked most of this collection.  There are a few boring shades, at least to me, but I can honestly see myself wearing most of the polishes in this collection.  My top recommendations would be Kourt is Red-Y for a Pedi, My Empire...My Rules, Disco Dolls, and Kendall on the Katwalk.  My biggest complaints about the collection are the polish names, I mean I like a good pun, but come on, and the Rainbow repackaging.

Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were sent to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn