Monday, October 29, 2012

Essence Walk on the Wild Side

   Recently, Essence has given there polishes a new look and come out with some new colors.  Today I'm showing you Walk on the Wild Side, a greyed forest green with green micro-flecks.





   Formula was good and application was smooth.  I only needed 2 coats for full coverage.  I think this would be a good color for fall and the holidays.  I used Finger Paints base coat and no top coat for these photos.

Direct Sun

Indoor Natural Light

Indoor with Flash



   The flecks show up more in person.  Walk on the Wild Side does dry just a bit darker than the bottle.
   I really like the new bottles, especially the caps.  When you twist the caps, there's now a nice snap/lock to let you know that your polish is fully closed.  What I don't like is the new brush.  Sadly Essence has joined in on the paddle brush craze with the new look.  On the plus side the brushes are slightly smaller than other brands because the bottles are only approximately .27 ounces.  They retail for $1.99 and can usually be found at Ulta.  The old bottles were only .17 ounces, so the new ones are a bit bigger.  Even though the bottles hold less polish than a standard .5 ounce polish, I like these a lot don't really notice the size difference.  Usually I have issues trying to use mini polishes, but these don't feel like a mini polish in my hand.

   Have any of you tried any of the new Essence Colour & Go polishes?  If so what did you think?  If not, do you think you will try them in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn