Sunday, September 19, 2010

Homemade Weekends

   Happy Sunday everyone.  Hope it's going well for all of you.  I've decided to do a little bit of a format change.  I've been so focused on polish lately that I haven't really posted any of the stuff I've made lately.  So I'm going to start making weekends about stuff I've made.  Either food or craft projects, if I ever get my office finished and back to making stuff.  Then weekdays will be about polish or other beauty related topics.  What do you guys think?
   To start off Homemade Weekends are some lemon raspberry muffins I made a while ago and haven't gotten around to posting about.  The recipe for these came from my Taste of Home cookbook again.  You can use either fresh or frozen raspberries for these.  I went with frozen since fresh weren't really in season any more.  Work of advice: make sure when defrosting the raspberries that you keep them right side up and in a bowl.  Not that I have experience with not doing that and having raspberry juice leak all over my refrigerator and kitchen floor.  Nope, not me.
   Like a lot of baked goods this recipe stats with mixing the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls before combining the two.

Separate

Combined

   Then add the berries and portion into muffin pans for baking.  Remember to wait a few minutes after they come out of the oven before eating to avoid burning your mouth.  No matter how yummy they smell.

Berries Added

Portioned 

Out of the Oven

Out of the Pan

Interior of Muffins

   My husband loved these.  I liked them, but they weren't my favorite thing I've ever made.  But that's really probably because I hate seeds in anything.  I always buy seedless jellies and rarely get smoothies with raspberries or blackberries because of the seeds.  So I'm probably a little biased about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn