Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Maybelline Chic Chocolate

   Man, what a crazy week this has been.  Sorry I haven't posted in so long, I just got really busy.  But I should have something exciting to share with you soon so hopefully that will make up for it.
   Recently, New York held Spring/Summer '11 Fashion Week.  For those who don't know, Fashion Week is where the big designers reveal their new lines for the coming seasons.  Cosmetics companies also often reveal new lines and colors.  I know it seems like it's too early to be thinking about Spring or Summer, especially as some of us are still in summer, but it gives us a heads up on what's coming so we can be prepared, and maybe find bargains that will be more expensive later.
   This year, Maybelline New York released a limited edition collection of products in honor of Fashion Week.  I picked up three of the polishes from the collection.  The first of the three I'm going to show you is Chic Chocolate.  This is one of those polishes that looks very different depending on the lighting.  It is a deep brown almost black base with red shimmer that's hidden unless in direct sun.




See it on after the break



   The formula on these was pretty good.  I used one coat Seche Base, 3 coats Chic Chocolate, and 2 coats Seche Vite to finish.  I could have gotten away with 2 coats, but I went a little thinner than intended on the first one.  I really love the richness of this color.  Though most people thought I was wearing black I still enjoyed it.  

Direct Sun

Indirect Sun

Indoor

   After a couple days I started getting bored with the mani, mostly because most of the time it looked like black creme polish.  So before work one day I added a coat of Sally Hansen Hidden Treasures.  I love this polish so much.  Sadly I messed up one nail as soon as I got in the car so the new mani only lasted that day.  But I got so many compliments on it while it lasted.  One was even from a straight middle aged man.  


   This just reminds me of fall and changing leaves.  Now if only Mother Nature would realize it's almost October and keep the cool weather we had here today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn