Thursday, September 9, 2010

OPI Yodel Me On My Cell Comparisons

   Remember last week when I posted my review of Yodel Me On My Cell by OPI from their new Swiss collection?  Well I did some searching through my stash and only really found one similar color.  That would be Rodeo Fanatic by China Glaze from their Rodeo Diva collection.  Just for fun I also decided to do a comparison to Charla by Zoya from their Sparkle collection. 

Bottle Comparisons


Indirect Sun


Direct Sun


   For the nail shots I used 1 coat Seche clear base, 3 coats of each polish, and 1 coat of Seche Vite top coat.  I probably should have gone with 4 coats of Yodel and Charla again as I still have VNL, visible nail line, with both of those.  I feel comfortable with the 3 coats of Rodeo, aside from the one small bald spot.  
   From the bottles, Yodel and Rodeo look much closer to each other than they do on the nail.  I had the hardest time getting a decent bottle shot this morning.  This was the best of the batch and I apologize for the shadows but I hope you can get a general idea of the bottle colors.  
   On the nail you can definitely see that Rodeo is much darker than Yodel.  They do however have the same finish and shimmer.  Charla on the other hand, or finger I suppose, is much brighter with more of a glass fleck finish.  It's not quite a glitter and has a much smoother texture than a true glitter.
   So no true dupes here, but I would call Rodeo an older sibling to Yodel.  With Charla as an attention seeking cousin.  Are all three necessary for your collection?  Unless you're a blue fanatic probably not.  Charla is my must have of the group honestly.  Between Yodel and Rodeo it really depends on how dark you like your blues.  Both are good colors and either would be a good addition to any collection.

1 comment:

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn