Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Zoya Crystal

   Is the week really almost half over already?  I swear I don't know where the time is going lately.  Anyone else have the same problem?  For me I think it's because I have so much to do before I leave next Thursday and so little time left to do it all.  Can I freak out a little now?
   But that's not what you're here for is it?  Nope, you're here to see polish.  Today I have Crystal from the Zoya Fire & Ice Holiday collection.  Crystal is described as a frosty blue sparkling metallic.   That is exactly what this polish looks like.


   The formula for Crystal is spot on, but like the other two in this half of the collection the density is a little sheer.  Once again I used 1 coat China Glaze Strong Adhesion base, 3 coats Crystal, and 1 coat Seche Vite top.  My thumb has 4 coats of Crystal because once again I was impatient and smudged the center.  You can see the lumps in my pictures.  Sorry about those.  

Direct Sun

Indirect Sun

Indoor


   I was running out of sunlight for these shots so sorry for the blur.  Though the blur does let you see just how sparkly these polishes are.  The gold foil particles in Crystal don't take a back seat like they do in Tiffany and Gloria.  With this one they decided they wanted equal focus.  If you look closely at the indirect sun shot you can see a bit of a mottled look to the polish.  That's because there are almost equal amounts of blue and gold showing.  This causes an interesting effect on the nail.  While looking at the bottles Crystal was one of my favorites, but once on I didn't like it quite as much.  I'm not sure if that was just the smudged thumb talking or the abundance of gold showing.  I've never been much of a yellow gold fan, so when it shows up unexpectedly I'm not always a happy girl.  So I will have to give Crystal another try with a full mani for a few days before making my final judgment on her.  But what do you guys think?  Remember you can click on the images for a larger view.

Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn