Thursday, October 14, 2010

Zoya Lisa and Sarah

   Is there anything more classic than the perfect red nail polish?  And is there anything more frustrating than trying to find that perfect shade?  Ok, maybe trying to find the perfect shade of red lipstick for your complexion.  And there are hundreds, maybe thousands, of different ones for us to choose from.  With more coming out every year.  Especially around the holidays.  This year is no different.  The Zoya Fire & Ice Holiday collection offers two.
   First is Lisa, a celebration red sparkling metallic.  It took me a little while, and help from David, to figure out what Lisa reminded me of.  It's the red stripes in a candy cane.  The cheery red with a hint of pink at the edges.


   Lisa is from what I call the "Fire" half of the collection.  I found this half of the collection to be more pigmented than the "Ice" half.  Formula and application were great once again.  The foil particles in this half are fuchsia instead of gold.  I think that's what really gives Lisa the candy cane color for me.  I used 1 coat China Glaze Strong Adhesion base, only 2 coats of Lisa, and 1 coat Seche Vite top.  Notice I used 2 coats of polish with this one instead of the 3 I needed before.
Direct Sun

Indirect Sun

Indoor

   During removal, I actually thought to take pictures of the cotton ball so you could see just how many foil particles are in these colors.  All six polishes are equally packed.  Remember you can click on the pictures for larger images.

No Flash

With Flash

   That's a lot of foil.  It gives great sparkle on the nail, but makes removal a little difficult.  But I think it's worth it.

   Next is Sarah, possibly the prettiest sparkling red metallic ever!  That is a direct quote from the press release.  Including the exclamation point.  Is it the prettiest one ever?  I'm not sure.  But it is really pretty.  Sarah is a deeper red than Lisa.  Sarah is closer to a berry shade, while still being a red if that makes sense.


   Once again I used 1 coat China Glaze Strong Adhesion base, 2 coats Sarah, and 1 coat Seche Vite top.  The foil particles are the same fuchsia as in Lisa.

Direct Sun
 

Shade

Indoor

I really liked both of these reds.  I'm not sure I could pick a favorite between the two.  Which do you guys like better?  Are you more of a bright red fan or a darker red fan?

Disclaimer: The product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company for consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
polished & frosted title image brushes by Obsidian Dawn